National Inventory Report 2017
The Australian Government Submission to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
Australian National Greenhouse Accounts
The three volumes of Australia's National Inventory Report 2017 were submitted under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Kyoto Protocol in May 2019:
- Volume 1: Includes Australia's data for energy (stationary energy, transport and fugitive emissions), industrial processes and product use, and agriculture.
- Volume 2: Australia's data for the Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) and waste sectors, recalculations and improvements.
- Volume 3: Australia's data for Kyoto Protocol LULUCF, Kyoto Protocol accounting requirements, glossary and references.
The National Inventory Report 2017 contains national greenhouse gas emission estimates for the period 1990-2017 compiled under the rules for reporting applicable to the UNFCCC and its Kyoto Protocol.
Further information and tools
- Progress of the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Australia's Greenhouse Emissions Information System (AGEIS)
- FullCAM land inventory model
- More about the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory
State and territory emissions per capita 1990 to 2017
View emissions data on the National Map. Tips:
- Click a state or territory to see its trend.
- Compare multiple state or territory trends by following tip 1, then click the Expand button and repeat for another state or territory.
- Click the play button (▶) at the bottom of the map to see an animation of emissions over time.