Australia's Fourth Biennial Report
Australia is an Annex I signatory to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Under this agreement, Australia is required to submit a biennial report which provides an update on Australia's progress towards meeting its 2020 target.
About the document
Australia's Fourth Biennial Report is a comprehensive summary of Australia's progress towards meeting its 2020 target. This report compiles information about Australia's emissions, domestic mitigation policies and measures and international efforts to support developing countries over the 2017-2019 period.
This report was submitted to the UNFCCC on 31 December 2019 and can be accessed, along with other parties to the UNFCCC's reports, on the UNFCCC website.
- More information on Biennial Reports is available from the UNFCCC
- Australia's Seventh National Communications and Third Biennial report
- Annex I Parties Third Biennial Report
- Annex I Parties Second Biennial Report
- Data used to develop all parties biennial reports is available through the UNFCCC's Biennial Reports Data Interface application
- More about Australia's domestic climate change activities
- More about Australia's international climate change activities